Chicken Pot Pie Stew Recipe
Warm up this fall with a bowl of Souplantation and Sweet Tomatoes’ Chicken Pot Pie Stew. Exclusive to our seasonal fall menu, this stew offers a rich and creamy base packed with roasted chicken, red potatoes, carrots, celery, mushrooms, pearl onions and green peas.
Make you own batch with our very own recipe!
Chicken Pot Pie Stew
- 1 hour
- 9 ½ cups
|Raw chicken breast||1/2 lb|
|Diced carrot (3/8″ pieces)||1 1/4 cup|
|Sliced celery (1/4″ pieces)||1 cup|
|Minced garlic||1 1/2 tsp|
|All purpose white flour||6 tbsp|
|Water||2 1/2 cups|
|Whole milk||1 1/4 cups|
|Whipping cream||3/4 cup|
|Diced red potatoes (1/2″ pieces)||2 cups|
|Sliced mushrooms (1/4″ pieces)||1 1/2 cups|
|Pearl onions||3/4 cups|
|Chicken bouillon||4 tsp|
|Dried thyme||1 1/4 tsp|
|Kosher salt||1 1/4 tsp|
|White pepper||1/2 tsp|
|Black pepper||1/8 tsp|
|Chopped curly parsley||1/4 cup|
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Place chicken breast on metal sheet pan. Roast in oven until an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Slice chicken into ¼” thick pieces and set aside.
- In a 4 quart pot, melt the butter. Add carrot, celery, and garlic and sauté on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add white flour and stir to combine. Cook on low-medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add water, milk, whipping cream, red potatoes, mushrooms, pearl onions, peas, chicken bouillon, thyme, kosher salt, white pepper, black pepper, and cooked chicken pieces. Stir to thoroughly combine. Bring to 190 degrees F and simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir frequently.
- Fold in parsley and serve. Season to taste with salt and pepper.