Asian Ginger Broth Recipe
One of our most popular and most requested soups is our Asian Ginger Broth. It’s light, surprisingly filling, and brimming with flavor. With this recipe straight from our kitchen, you can make the soup at home when it’s not on our restaurants’ menus.
The best part about this broth is that it serves as a great base to customize to your preferences with toppings like sliced mushrooms, diced green onions, shredded carrots, chopped spinach, cubed tofu, shredded chicken, or wonton strips. The possibilities are endless!
Asian Ginger Broth
- 30 minutes
- 16 cups
|Finely minced ginger||4 tbsp|
|Finely minced garlic||3 tbsp|
|Canola oil||2 tbsp|
|Cold water||16 cups|
|Vegetarian base||6 tbsp|
|Optional toppings||Sliced green onions
- Combine ginger, garlic, and canola oil in a large pot and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the cornstarch with 2 cups of the water until dissolved.
- Add cornstarch mixture, vegetarian base, and remaining water to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with any of the optional toppings you desire.