ITALY FUN FACTS
TASTE THE WORLD IN 8 WEEKS!!
First stop—Italy! From August 1-15, guests can enjoy Souplantation/Sweet Tomatoes freshly prepared Italian dishes including the Three Cheese Tortellini Soup, Classic Antipasto w/Salami Tossed Salad and the famous Souplantation/Sweet Tomatoes Focaccia—Italian themed Quattro Fromaggio and Bruschetta of course. And with everyone in back-to-school mode, why not make family dinner time educational by sharing a few fun Italian facts with the kids. Here are a few:
- The average Italian eats about a half a pound of bread a day, and drinks 26 gallons of wine a year
- Italy’s national dish is pasta (are we surprised?)
- The leaning Tower of Pisa is 8 stories high
- There are seven bells, all tuned to musical scales, in the Tower of Pisa
- The Tower of Pisa weighs 14,453 tons
Before heading out on your international tour visit www.souplantation.com or www.sweettomatoes.com to prepare for the trip. Information and downloads including kids activity sheets for each country with coupons included are available online. In addition, you can share your trip around the world with friends by sending postcards from different countries to friends and family via email, Facebook and Twitter.
Don’t forget about the Italian feast we have at Souplantation/ Sweet Tomatoes for the next week! Here are a few of the Italian Specialties!
- Spicy Sausage & Pasta Soup
- Classical Minestrone Soup — a Guest Favorite!
- Bruschetta Focaccia
- Classic Antipasto with Salami Tossed Salad
- 100% Whole Wheat Sicilian with Feta & Pepperoni Prepared Salad
- Italian White Bean Prepared Salad
- House-Made Italian Vinaigrette with Basil & Romano Dressing — NEW!