Pesto Pumpkin Bisque Recipe
One of our menu items exclusive to fall is our Pesto Pumpkin Bisque, a creamy soup packed with pumpkin flavors and spice notes that will have you thinking about autumn leaves and cozy sweater weather.
Make your own pot of this pumpkin soup at home with the recipe straight from our kitchen!
Pesto Pumpkin Bisque
- 48 minutes
- 7 ¾ cups
|Roma tomatoes||1 lb|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 tsp|
|Kosher salt||1/4 tsp|
|Chopped yellow onion||3/4 cups|
|Finely minced garlic clove||4 tsp|
|Pumpkin puree||15 oz can|
|Tomato paste||5 tbsp|
|Vegetable bouillon||2 1/4 tbsp|
|Paprika||1 1/2 tsp|
|Kosher salt||1/2 tsp|
|Ground black pepper||1/3 tsp|
|Half and half||1 cup|
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Wash tomatoes and remove core. Cut in half lengthwise.
- In a medium size bowl, combine extra virgin olive oil, kosher salt, ground black pepper, and tomatoes. Toss to evenly coat.
- Place tomatoes on a parchment paper lined sheet pan.
- Roast for 20 minutes or until a slight charred appearance. Set aside for later.
- In a 4 quart pot, melt the butter. Add onions and garlic and sauté over medium heat for 6 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Add pumpkin puree and tomato paste. Sauté for 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add water, vegetable bouillon, paprika, kosher salt, black pepper, and roasted Roma tomatoes. Blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Add half and half and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
Basil Pesto Croutons
- 7 minutes
- 4 cups
|Plain cut croutons||4 cups|
|Basil pesto sauce||5 tbsp|
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine croutons and pesto sauce and thoroughly mix to coat croutons.
- Transfer croutons to a baking pan. Bake for 5 minutes or until toasted.