Pucker Up Sweeties!
When life handed us lemons we created Tart & Tangy Lemon Month! With so many featured menu items this April we wanted to find out a little more about these fruits.
Did you know?
- One lemon can contain twice as much vitamin C than an orange
- Lemons are high in potassium, vitamin A, bioflavonoids, coumarin, pectins and mucilage
- Lemon juice can increase the citrate levels in the body, which may lower the chances of kidney stones
- Lemon trees can produce between 500 & 600 pounds of lemons every year
- Lemon peels can repel spiders
- Demand for lemons reached a peak in 1849 as a way to prevent scurvy for gold miners
Do you enjoy lemons as much as we do? Show us by entering our #PuckerUpContest on Instagram!Resources