Kickin’ Chicken Chili Recipe
This hearty recipe for chili with chicken was developed by the students of Granite Hills High School’s cooking course and was chosen as the winner of a cooking competition by Souplantation/Sweet Tomatoes’ Culinary Team! It’s the perfect recipe to get the kids in the kitchen to help out with dinner. With four different types of beans, this chicken chili is packed with protein and is a healthier choice for a comforting meal on a chillier day.
Kickin’ Chicken Chili
- 45 minutes
- 10 cups
|Shredded chicken||8 oz|
|Kidney beans, drained and rinsed||1 can (15 oz)|
|Pinto beans, drained and rinsed||2 cans (30 oz)|
|Black beans, drained and rinsed||1 can (30 oz)|
|Chopped green bell pepper||3 oz|
|Diced onions||12 oz|
|Diced green chilis||2 cans (16 oz)|
|Chicken stock||7 cups|
|Granulated garlic||1 tbsp|
|Ground cumin||1/2 tsp|
|Dried oregano||1/4 tsp|
|Chili powder||1/2 tsp|
|Smoked paprika||1/2 tsp|
|Black pepper||1 tsp|
|Cayenne pepper||1/2 tsp|
|Optional toppings||Shredded cheese
Sour cream or greek yogurt
Diced green onions
Diced white onions
- Combine all ingredients, except milk and cornstarch, into a large pot and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Combine cornstarch with ¼ cup of milk and whisk vigorously until combined.
- Add cornstarch mixture and remaining milk to chili.
- Heat on low so milk does not separate out for an additional 10 minutes.
- Dish into bowls and add optional toppings.
Do you have a signature chili? Let us know in the comments!